Tuesday 28 May 2013

Disqus Comments Static Pages

I am creating another blog before I finish this one. Thankfully the new blog is simpler than this one, the content will be purely piped feeds from various sources regarding futuristic technology. Anyway, thinking about creating the new blog made me remember a problem I had creating this blog, at first I couldn't implement Disqus comments on the static pages. Thankfully a found someone with a solution, which is really quite simple. To make Disqus comments appear on static Blogger pages you delete <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;item&quot;'> and </b:if> from the Disqus section of the template/layout.

Here is my Tweet about it:


I also need to try the code below on both blogs, or at least one of them, it should in theory make any links in Disqus comments open target="_blank" (a new tab/window).

<script>
$('.dsq-comment-text a').live('mouseover', function() {
$(this).attr('target', '_blank');
});
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment